Trudeau Foundation Scholarship – More Than a Scholarship – APPLY NOW
About Trudeau Foundation Scholarship
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship Program presents a comprehensive three-year leadership initiative that aims to educate doctoral candidates as Engaged Leaders. The program empowers participants to transform their ideas into tangible actions that contribute to the betterment of their communities, Canada, and the world.
While the Foundation maintains its search for scholars who possess exceptional intellectual capacity and a proven track record of academic excellence, they also emphasize the importance of candidates who exhibit a genuine willingness to engage with diverse perspectives, cultures, and ideologies. Moreover, the Foundation values qualities such as deep listening, profound curiosity, and a willingness to explore nuanced and complex subjects.
The Foundation encourages applications from candidates representing a broad spectrum of disciplines within the humanities, social sciences, business schools, public health, and law. Candidates must ensure that their research aligns with one or more of the Foundation’s central themes, which include Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, and People and their Natural Environment.
In order to be eligible to apply for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should have already been accepted into a full-time doctoral program, or be in the first or second year of such a program, with an expected completion date of 2026 or later.
- Your field of study should be broadly aligned with the humanities or human sciences, and have direct relevance to the future of Canada. For more specific information, please refer to the FAQ section and explore the profiles of past scholarship recipients.
- Your doctoral research must be connected to at least one of the Foundation’s Four Themes: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, or People and their Natural Environment.
- You must be a Canadian citizen enrolled in a doctoral program at either a Canadian or foreign institution, or you can be a non-Canadian individual who is a permanent resident of Canada or a foreign national enrolled in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution.
As a Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholar, you will receive the following benefits:
- Membership in a dynamic community of Scholars, Mentors, and Fellows who are leaders in various fields and sectors.
- Leadership training provided by our Mentors and Fellows, which includes unique experiential learning opportunities that enhance and complement your academic journey.
- Opportunities to enhance your proficiency in Canada’s official languages (French and English), as well as Indigenous languages.
- Lifelong membership in the Foundation’s alumni network, providing ongoing support and networking opportunities.
- Financial support of up to $40,000 per year for three years, covering tuition fees and reasonable living expenses, enabling you to focus on your doctoral studies and actively participate in the Foundation’s leadership program.
- Funding of up to $20,000 per year for three years, allocated for language learning, travel and accommodations related to the Foundation’s leadership program, and research, networking, and travel associated with your doctoral research.
For more information please visit the official website The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship Program
FOLLOW OUR SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS