The Ontario Trillium Scholarship – Fully funded in Canada
About The Ontario Trillium Scholarship
The Ontario Trillium Scholarship, a fully funded program, is an initiative by Western University in Ontario, Canada, designed to attract highly qualified international students to pursue their PhD studies in Canada. The scholarship provides a value of $40,000 per year and can be renewed for up to 4 years. It specifically targets outstanding international students who wish to study in Ontario.
To be eligible for consideration for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship, interested students are advised to express their interest to the graduate program chair as part of their application for admission to Western University. The graduate chair then nominates qualified students for the scholarship.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Western University, Canada Host Institution(s): Western University Scholarship Value: $40,000 per year for 4 years Number of Awards: Not Specified Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD) Nationality: International Students
Eligibility Criteria for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship in Canada:
Applicants must have achieved a minimum of 80% in each of the last two most recently completed years of full-time university study, or an equivalent to full-time study. In addition to this, the following eligibility conditions must be met:
For Nomination by the Graduate Chair:
- The applicant must be an international student at the time of application and when commencing the PhD program.
- The applicant must intend to be present on campus for full-time PhD studies in any discipline at Western University, starting either in the Summer Term or Fall Term following the annual call for nominations.
- The applicant must not be currently enrolled in a university degree program at an Ontario university at the time of nomination.
- The applicant must possess exceptional research experience and potential, along with an outstanding academic record at the university level.
- To maintain the award, the applicant must have obtained a valid temporary resident visa as a student under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) before the start date of the PhD program, and fulfill other eligibility requirements for renewals.
Value and Duration of the Scholarship: The scholarship provides $40,000 per year, renewable for up to 4 years, and will commence simultaneously with the start of the recipient’s PhD program. Please refer to the scholarship’s Terms and Conditions for further details.
Application Procedures: Interested students must apply for postgraduate studies at Western University, Canada, and indicate their interest in the Ontario Trillium Scholarship to be considered for the award. The application processes are updated annually.
For more information, please visit the Official Website here The Ontario Trillium Scholarship